It’s the first month of 2020 and we’ve already started making product improvements to make sure you start your year off right! At BackerKit, we’re constantly rolling out exciting new features based on our customer feedback. Here are some of the new features we’ve shipped out this past month…
— WHAT’S NEW —
Better email deliverability
We’ve built some backend tools to make it easier for BackerKit emails to navigate into your backers’ inboxes. We have also improved email deliverability for BackerKit Launch emails so that the emails are less likely to find their way into backers’ spam folders. This is great news for creators and backers because that means fewer backers miss out on important messages, which means less headache for you, and more happy backers!
Sign up for BackerKit before you launch
You used to have to wait to sign up for BackerKit with a live project link. Now you can sign up ahead of time by using your Preview link or your Pre-Launch page. You don’t have to worry about manually switching your pre-live project link with your live project link—when your project goes live, our system will know and will automatically start syncing your new project info into BackerKit.
BackerKit Launch automations
We’ve improved how BackerKit Launch syncs your projects into the system—it now automatically pulls in your projects and highlights which ones are live so that you can quickly and easily get set up. We also now have email templates you can quickly generate with a click of a button. If you missed our webinar on Launch, you can still watch the Launch webinar replay.
— POLISHES & BUG FIXES —
- GDPR requests: If a backer contacts BackerKit for a GDPR request, we also notify any BackerKit customer who uses BackerKit Launch to manually remove the backer from their list.
- Shopify integration: Improved Shopify integration so that creators can now click on a button to verify that they have set up their permissions correctly on Shopify, which will allow you to use Shopify for fulfillment.
- Fulfillment integrations: We now make it clear to creators why a package was an in an errored state.
- Email campaigns: are not marked as “sent” if you only send out one test email.
- Database maintenance: Upgraded the database so that BackerKit can perform even better for creator and backers.
- Landing page privacy: Individuals cannot guess a creator’s private landing page by randomizing the URLs.
Also, if you’ve missed all the cool things we made in 2019, check out our BackerKit Product Updates of 2019.
We have a lot of product updates coming up this year that we’re excited to share with you. Keep an eye out on some new onboarding improvements! Until next month…