Product Updates covers what the BackerKit team has been building for BackerKit Launch, Marketing (Ads and Newsletter), and Pledge Manager, as well as global BackerKit account changes to better serve Kickstarter and Indiegogo crowdfunding creators.
— WHAT’S NEW —
- Streamlined Indiegogo InDemand setup: The InDemand setup page now better explains how to integrate with BackerKit.
- BackerKit Postage offer has ended: Our limited-time promo concluded on December 31, 2020. The 10% BackerKit service fee on shipping labels has been reinstated.
- Platform connection page: It’s easier than ever to fix authentication issues when connecting your Kickstarter or Indiegogo project to BackerKit. Now there is a dedicated page, linked on the product offerings page in BackerKit, in case authentication has gone wrong.
- Changing credit card information for Indiegogo InDemand is a cinch: On the “verify account page,” there’s a link to update your Indiegogo InDemand payment information.
- Tell us about your project: When we have more information about your project, we’ll have a better idea of how to help you. To help us learn more about where you are in your crowdfunding journey, creators are now asked to submit pre-launch information when they import a draft project to Launch.
- Simplified email campaign setup: We’ve streamlined the email campaign setup process in BackerKit Launch to save you time.
- All projects are SCA compliant: Strong customer authentication (SCA) is a new requirement for authenticating payments in Europe. When you charge cards for backers whose banks require SCA compliance, backers will now receive a notice with a link to their bank to authenticate
- Pledge Manager Notification: Creators will get an email reminder, letting them know that now is the right time to set up Pledge Manager if they sign up before their project has launched.
- Easily find backers receiving Kickstarter Add-Ons: Backers with add-ons selected on Kickstarter are now immediately put into a segment when we add the add-ons to their order in BackerKit, making it easier to identify these backers for bookkeeping purposes or send special communications.