Role Playing Games
The MCDM RPG
Whether you’re a group of local heroes sent to investigate mysterious goings-on in the nearby haunted wood, or famous mercenaries plotting and scheming in the big city, the MCDM RPG makes building adventures and fighting monsters fun.
Underworld - Tabletop RPG Fantasy Adventures - Inspired by Retro Video Games
These tabletop RPG fantasy adventure zines are inspired by retro video games and focus primarily on dungeon exploration. Each adventure will include a location map, monsters, stats and art, and a treasure, and are perfect for a single session of gaming!
Beyond the Beasts: Monster Cards for Endless Adventures!
"Beyond the Beasts" offers diverse decks of monsters for 5e, fostering dynamic encounters without rigid Challenge Ratings. Each deck contains adaptable statblocks, rich lore & environmental details, enabling GMs to easily create such encounters.
Project Update: In the beginning we started with Four Words.
Project Update: Pre Generated Character Sheets UNLOCKED!
You unlocked our 6th Stretch Goal!
Your support has made it possible for us to add even more value to this one-shot adventure, making it as easy as possible to pick up and play for GMs and players alike!
4x Pre Generated Character Sheets
Each of these character sheets is specific to the Unlock the Vault series and comes complete with a character background story and suggested hook to the adventure.
Next stretch goal to unlock (and you're already HALF WAY THERE!) is the set of Magic Item Cards!
Then it won't be long before we're on our way to unlocking the New Monster Art and the d20 Encounter Table (a new stretch goal we've incorporated for this series!)
Looking forward to unlocking them all with you, our faithful followers, brave adventurers, noble questeers!
And don't forget to summon troops to aid you in this quest – simply share this on your socials and encourage your friends to get backing:
Thanks and keep questing!
(chaotic good, female, elf lorekeeper)
Project Update: It's Time to Charge Cards for Additional Add-ons and Preorders
Thank you again for making this campaign magnificently successful!
Today we are locking orders and charging cards for all those who purchased additional add-ons through the pledge manager and also for all pre-orders to date. If a charge is attempted and declined by your credit card company, you will receive a message and have an opportunity to fix the issue.
Because there was an option to purchase add-ons during the campaign and also again after the campaign, we want to be really clear: There will be no double charges. Add-ons purchased while the campaign was active were charged when the campaign ended. Add-ons purchased after the pledge manager opened will be charged today.
Monte, Bruce, and Sean have been hard at work on The Magnus Archives Roleplaying Game. I've seen several exchanges between Monte and Bruce about monsters and wow—you are going to be pleased!
As always, if you have questions or need help with your pledge, please reach out to us through our Contact Us page and we will be happy to help you.
Project Update: We're funded + Stretch Goal Reveal! 🎉
Stretch goal reveal - Expanded Art!
Previous Printed Books as Add-ons!
Project Update: Quick check in & New format
I wanted to let everyone know about a new format we're trying for these updates, I know everyone doesn't have time to read them so we are going to start to try and do monthly video updates alongside the normal written ones!
These will be quick updates on progress on our projects to make it as easy as possible to keep you in the loop!
You can view the first episode here!
What was mentioned:
- Brambletrek as a whole is 86% finished, now in final editing phase with a few artwork pieces needing to be finished.
- We are 85% through the surveys so be sure to fill yours out so we can fulfil the PDFs as soon as they're completed.
- 2024 is a huge year and we will be at UKGE and Tabletop Scotland.
- New releases include 'Ashes' - A Souls-like RPG launching Q3 2024 & Midnight which is releasing on 16th January 2024. (Click the names to learn more!)
Thank you to all of you who have filled out your surveys and we hope to have more fulfilment info soon!
--Crossed Paths Team
Project Update: TWO New Stretch Goals Unlocked!!!
Project Update: FUNDED! And 3 Stretch Goals!!!
I've been trying to write an update for the last hour and yall keep unlocking stretch goals on me! Not that I'm complaining!
Not only did we fund in around 10 minutes, you unlocked 3 stretch goals, including:
- 1 New Magic Item
- 2 Additional New Magic Items
- 1 New NPC
And we're so close to unlocking 2 Additional new NPCs.
I'm so excited that these have been unlocked. As some of you already know, these aren't just random new magic items or characters. They connect to the adventure and can be used to expand it beyond a one shot if you chose.
We work really hard to make less work for the DM where we can.
As you may also already know, I love unlocking the labelled hand illustrated area map. I feel that it ties the whole thing together. Hopefully we can unlock that by the end of the campaign!
Thank you for such a strong start to this new series of One Dollar One Shots.
We can't wait to get it out there.
Oh, and if you want to help unlock more stretch goals, feel free to share the campaign with your gaming friends on Discord.
Here's a shortened link to make it easier: https://bit.ly/3t2Y7u6
Chat again soon :)
Team Penny Dragon
P.S. I've created a poll to see what you're interested in seeing us make later on down the line. It'll be a while before we get to anything like that, but I'd love to get your thoughts!
Project Update: Please Vote on our Next Project & MCDM Goes BIG...Again :)
Lathander knows 2023 has been a tough year for many.
In fact, we've been so busy working through crazy times, we haven't even had a chance to update you on a few matters pertaining to Penny Dragon.
A few months back, someone deleted our Facebook page, our website, and a bunch of TikTok content amidst several people unexpectedly parting ways with Penny Dragon Games. The person behind the destruction of company property wanted to really hurt Penny Dragon Games, and in all honestly, they did. Really badly...But we doubled down and made sure to look after our people. And our wonderful team pulled out all the stops.
Little by little...we're getting back on our feet.
Despite the drama, we look to 2024 with so much excitement! We'll bring so many projects to a close in the first half of the year and publish several new books and games in the latter half.
We've already earmarked several books for the year ahead, but the reality is we can only launch so many projects in 12 months. And we're trying to downsize on bigger projects. So, we'd love you to vote on our poll to see which of the following 3 bigger campaigns launch in 2024.
Sayuri's Chest of Twisted Treasure - A Silk Road inspired book of magic items, featuring Aizendore's arch nemesis and her merry band of "collectors".
Tinara's Manual for Midestra - A setting book about the expansive lands of Midestra as told via the travel journal of a famous Aragosian Redcloak detective.
- Keeli's Guide to Fungtasia - A setting book about a wondrous subterranean world of magical fungi, accessed via several portals in Midestra and other openings in the many realms.
Whichever books don't win will get pushed into 2025 unless an earlier slot opens up (something earlier gets cancelled, etc).
Also, anyone who follows our YouTube channel will know I'm a big fan of MDCM's work.
I'm sure the guys across the pond are celebrating the wild success of their most recent project on Backerkit. They launched earlier today and are already well over $1,000,000.
If you haven't already seen it (which I'm sure most of you have) and you like MCDM's stuff, check it out here!
We aren't too far from the next stretch goal. I imagine we'll be posting about that over the weekend at some stage.
Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season.
Paddy & Team Penny Dragon
P.S. Don't forget the poll...and thank you! :)
Project Update: It's a Brave New World!
Per la traduzione in Italiano, si veda la seconda parte dell’update →
FINAL BRAVE NEW WORLD AVAILABLE
- Playbooks are finished and undergoing layout. We're adding an extra Playbook to the bundle so that you can show your players ALL the Gifts that are useful during Character creation at once.
- Next is finishing up the Master Screen, which we hope to do before the Xmas holidays.
- The additional PDF Scenarios and the Solo Mode will go to layout in January.
- We’re still on track for printing by the end of January.
- You can download separate Characters and other support sheets for Dead Air: Seasons from here.
- Preorders for everything Dead Air: Seasons are now available on our website, and this section will be updated as things become available to the public.
- Questions? Come and say hello on Discord, you can find us there every day!
- You can read a full Play-by-Discord Dead Air: Seasons Crisis clicking here. It’s absolutely epic.
PDF DI BRAVE NEW WORLD DISPONIBILE
STATUS DEL PROGETTO
- I Libretti sono finiti e in impaginazione. Aggiungeremo un Libretto extra al pacchetto, in modo che possiate mostrare ai vostri giocatori TUTTI i Doni utili durante la creazione del Personaggio in un colpo solo.
- Il prossimo passo sarà il completamento dello Schermo Master, che speriamo di chiudere prima delle vacanze di Natale.
- Gli Scenari aggiuntivi in PDF e la modalità Solo saranno impaginati a gennaio.
- Siamo ancora in tabella di marcia per la stampa dei materiali entro la fine di gennaio.
- È possibile scaricare le schede dei personaggi e altri supporti per Dead Air: Seasons da qui.
- I preordini di tutto il materiale di Dead Air: Seasons sono ora disponibili sul nostro sito web. Questa sezione verrà aggiornata periodicamente non appena altri contenuti saranno disponibili al pubblico.
- Venite a salutarci su Discord, ci trovate lì ogni giorno!
Project Update: Smoke Test & Update!
The Festive Season Is Upon Us!
Apologies for the radio silence. Our team has been squirrelled away getting as much as we can done before we break for the holidays.
The Smoke Test has gone out and surveys will begin rolling out tomorrow.
The Fight Before Christmas is in layout and this adventure along with the 12 Gifts of Christmas and the festive encounter table will follow over the course of the coming week.
Festive Mini Adventures
A Wraithmas Carol and The Frostville Snowman Massacre are both currently being written and they will be fulfilled in January 2024. We are ridiculously excited for these two adventures, no such thing as too much festive content in our books!
We'll post regular updates with progress on both adventures and sneak peeks of the artwork.
Speaking of festive ADVENTures...
As a huge thank you for the support we've received this year, we've cooked up a festive Penny Dragon Advent treat.
Each day until Christmas Eve we are giving away either a magic item, monster or adventure on our website.
The daily download will be available for only 24 hours (running on Pacific Time).
To find out what today's FREE download is, CLICK HERE.
Back with another update soon!