Project Update: We've funded and the campaign has ended! What now?
This is important information for all backers. Please read this thoroughly.
Hey folks, thank you all for supporting what we're doing here at Coyote & Crow. Stories of the Free Lands is the next stone in the path we're laying out and it's an important one. Your pledges and interest are just so incredible and appreciated. But this update isn't just all warm fuzzies. We have a lot of information to unpack. So let's get into it!
- Since we did not reach our $175K stretch goal, everyone who has over pledged for this campaign will have their pledge amount adjusted to the original, base pledge level amount before being charged. This includes backers that may have over pledged for add-ons as well. (So if you pledged $40 for the PDFs and then added $40 for physical copies, you'll only be charged the base $40, for example)
- Your pledge will be charged around 12PM (PT) on Thursday (tomorrow)
- Our hope is to have the pledge manager open up to you on Monday, October 31st (oooh, spooky!) Once that happens, and we send out surveys, you'll be able to add on any individual items you would like to (or to donate money if that's your jam).
Here's how the pledge manager works (for those of you new to crowdfunding, BackerKit, or who just need a refresher):
- When the pledge manager opens up, you'll get an email (sent to the one you used to pledge with). That email will send you to your pledge on BackerKit where:
- We may have some general survey type questions for you
- If you have physical rewards, we'll ask for your shipping address
- You'll be able to add on items you didn't get with your pledge
- You'll be charged a single total amount for shipping for all items (pledged and added on)
- All digital rewards will be delivered through BackerKit and will be available on your pledge page when they are finished.
Physical Editions of the Stories of the Free Lands
I know lots of you over-pledged and were excited for physical copies of the Stories of the Free Lands. While we didn't hit our stretch goal for that, I wanted to address that situation. Our original goal was always about funding these PDFs and getting them out to players as fast as we can. Physical book production is a costly and time consuming process. With that said, one of the things we'll be asking about in our survey when the pledge manager goes live is actually how many of you would like physical copies. If we get enough interest, we'll run a follow up campaign here on BackerKit for just the physical books for Stories of the Free Lands. It will be a no frills, fast and furious campaign, and will be just about getting the funds together for a print run. Folks that backed this campaign will get a discount on their pledge for that campaign if it happens.
And finally, here's some additional information:
- Our inventory of Naasii and the Story Guide Screens have arrived at our Georgia warehouse, which is good news for the timing of fulfillment
- We're continuing to work on editing and layouts for Stories of the Free Lands and will have date announcements for those materials as they become known to us
- The story from Allen Turner will take a little longer since he just started writing it, but we should have it before the end of the year. That story will be free to all backers who pledged at the $20 level or higher and will be delivered through BackerKit
- If you pledged at the $5 level and then over-pledged, you'll be charged the full amount of your pledge tomorrow as this pledge level never had access to the pledge manager.
- A reminder that we are only shipping physical goods to the US and Canada
- The scheduled release date for Naasii and the Story Guide Screen is November 16th. If everything goes according to plan and if you are prompt about filling out your survey and completing your pledge, you should receive your physical items shortly before that date.
- A reminder that any surveys left unfilled or responded to after one year will be considered abandoned pledges.
Okay, that's it for news on this campaign, but here's a couple of other exciting tidbits for Coyote & Crow Games in general:
- I'll (Connor Alexander) will be at PAX Unplugged this year. I may be on some panels, but I'll definitely be playing some games. Say hi!
- Coyote & Crow launches on Roll20 on 10/20 - just 8 days out!
- If all goes well, our first novel set in the Coyote & Crow universe, written by Tali Inlow, will release in November! More on that soon!
- We have TWO stand alone tabletop games planned for 2023. More on that soon!
That's all I have for the moment. Feel free to hit me up with questions or concerns and I'll do my best to get back to you as quickly as I can. Before you drop me questions though, please read through this update again and check the FAQ and other discussions here. Thanks!
And again, thank you all for the kindness, love and support. We have an incredible team of creatives working hard to bring you great stuff and I'm super proud of them.