Replies to Crimson Terrain: Do you have questions? I've got Answers!
2y

Thanks for mentioning more upcoming projects for your Patreon, Anthony! If you haven't already, I would recommend that you look at The Game Crafter for production and distribution of your board game. If you aren't familiar with them, the more backers, the more affordable a product becomes to all of the backers. I backed Roll-With-It Core Box Limited Edition (aka Fortress Of Terror with one expansion, Tower of Despair) after the creator had funded a print-and-play version. I chose to back The Game Crafter version due to the polish of a finished box and components over going to FedEx. The FedEx price would still have been slightly cheaper due to shipping of The Game Crafter box, but the box included additional items like printed manuals, dice, an erase marker with eraser sponge for the laminated boards, and so on. The creator of that product does an unboxing in one of his Kickstarter Updates, so please let me know if you need any help finding it. I will mention, however, that his Game Crafter numbers did not reach the 1,000+ orders to make the box most affordable at around $30. It ended up closer to the $40 mark, which I'm going to say is about the same as the retail price for it might have been prior to shipping. I'm thinking that he had likely received a bigger return on it via this route than a traditional distribution model, but he likely did not reach as large an audience, so one has to find a way to get the desired audience before the launch. There is another creator in France who Kickstarter Season 1 of his card game, Clash of Decks, at, I'm guessing, enormous cost to himself for a $1 pledge for a deck with free worldwide shipping, if I am recalling correctly. This paid off with a HUGE audience for the five different sets that he produced for Season 2. (I backed for all 5 once I had my chance to try out Season 1).