Replies to Crimson Terrain: Do you have questions? I've got Answers!
2y

In several places prior to campaign launch, you mentioned a $10 post-campaign credit for Add-Ons, for "backers" in one place and "early backers" in another place in your May newsletter, for example. If just early backers, has that cut-off passed?

The credit was specifically for anyone who signed up on the pre launch landing page and then backed the project at any point during it's 30 day campaign period.

2y

Hi, Anthony! I thought that I had signed up from the pre launch landing page, but I noticed during the campaign when I revisited it sometime afterward that it checked itself off, so I'm unsure whether that means I had or had not visited it previously. I'm hoping that you have a way to tell! I look forward to using the $10 credit toward Add-Ons if I did receive it. I'm not really sure yet which Set I'm going to get yet with the Explorer tier. I was really wanting to up my pledge during the campaign to the top tier, but I just don't have the funds that I would like for that right now. From other campaigns, I know that there has been a way to up one's pledge from the initial screen of the BackerKit survey, so I'm hoping that that might be available for this one too. Depending on when the survey goes live, and the deadline for completing it, hopefully my finances will begin to look better. I spent $400 less in July, but I'm still overspending, and I had to decide against backing several great projects that are ending last night when I looked, choosing instead to support some of the smaller (and generally far more affordable) projects that are still ongoing like Traveler's Guide to the Elemental Chaos by Chamomile Has A Project, which may work well with your Wild Elements terrain set. If I do pick only one of your sets, it's going to be a struggle as to which! I'm really excited about all of them, and I hope that you might preview a few more terrain pieces from each, either in your email newletter or in the BackerKit survey when we pick so that we can make the most informed decision. Congratulations on the project funding, and while you didn't hit any Stretch Goals, BackerKit might not have the clout yet as far as advertising in this beta state like Kickstarter does. I know that I have found out about many a project at the bottom of Kickstarter Update emails. From what creators have said, more backers means more exposure on Kickstarter, and so some creators are sure to include a low-tier pledge to accommodate that. (Maybe even yourself, remembering Riddlehouse Vol. 1, which, considering how it turned out, is by far the best deal that I have ever seen across Kickstarter bar none for my pledge tier!) I also know that some creators use multiple pledge platforms, having seen this where they have a Kickstarter along with a GameFound launch or even an Indiegogo along with an itch.io. Regarding this beta of BackerKit's pledge system, I really like it so far. I liked being able to subscribe and unsubscribe from topics. If I post a Comment in an old thread like this, you are more likely to see it. So I'm hoping for great things in future. To be honest, I'll be happy to see less projects showing up as suggestions in my email Updates, considering how much I spend on them! I look forward to your next Update, and I'll have to remind myself to start checking your social sites more like Twitter! Best wishes, TarakaDark

As to the add-on credit, you did in fact sign up on the landing page that was offering this bonus. So you will have that applied in the pledge manager. About the add-ons and previews: I am going to work on getting some previews ready for the addon options before I send out the surveys. I won't be doing a multi-platform crowdfunding launch as I really do believe in what Backerkit is trying to do here and I feel like launching this project again on another platform would only serve to subtract from that, but I do have some plans to utilize Patreon to attempt to generate some additional funding for these terrain sets as well as publish additional smaller projects as well as utilize that platform to help with playtesting early access materials for larger works like my personal campaign setting (Erde), my own independent TTRPG (we can call this Moment for the time being), and a really fun roll & write board game that I have been working on for a while now, to name just a few. I'm glad you enjoyed the experience on backerkit. I can tell you from a creator perspective there is certainly a lot to like about the direction this platform is heading.

2y

Thanks for mentioning more upcoming projects for your Patreon, Anthony! If you haven't already, I would recommend that you look at The Game Crafter for production and distribution of your board game. If you aren't familiar with them, the more backers, the more affordable a product becomes to all of the backers. I backed Roll-With-It Core Box Limited Edition (aka Fortress Of Terror with one expansion, Tower of Despair) after the creator had funded a print-and-play version. I chose to back The Game Crafter version due to the polish of a finished box and components over going to FedEx. The FedEx price would still have been slightly cheaper due to shipping of The Game Crafter box, but the box included additional items like printed manuals, dice, an erase marker with eraser sponge for the laminated boards, and so on. The creator of that product does an unboxing in one of his Kickstarter Updates, so please let me know if you need any help finding it. I will mention, however, that his Game Crafter numbers did not reach the 1,000+ orders to make the box most affordable at around $30. It ended up closer to the $40 mark, which I'm going to say is about the same as the retail price for it might have been prior to shipping. I'm thinking that he had likely received a bigger return on it via this route than a traditional distribution model, but he likely did not reach as large an audience, so one has to find a way to get the desired audience before the launch. There is another creator in France who Kickstarter Season 1 of his card game, Clash of Decks, at, I'm guessing, enormous cost to himself for a $1 pledge for a deck with free worldwide shipping, if I am recalling correctly. This paid off with a HUGE audience for the five different sets that he produced for Season 2. (I backed for all 5 once I had my chance to try out Season 1).