2y

I had suggested a drop of $5 in price for each terrain set in my survey, but I must have looked at the project after you had already done that because when you made this announcement, I was looking for $10 terrain tier increases! As I mentioned in my survey, the budget grows every tighter with all of these Kickstarters that many awesome creators like yourself are launching now, and because each terrain pack isn't $10, I'm coming in at one set as I proposed in my survey I might do, even though I'm really of a mind to back several or all, if each set were only a better deal. So please keep this in mind if somehow the funds aren't rolling in fast enough because sometimes you can get more by asking for less, as you did with Riddlehouse Volume 1 especially, which was probably the best pledge offer and result that I've ever seen on Kickstarter and one of the reasons why I've been backing your successive projects! If somehow I were to scrape together the funds to go in for the Complete Collection, what sort of bonus can you offer for someone who already backed both of your bonus choices of Riddlehouse Vol 1 and It's Tough To Be A God?

Hmm I have an idea for a suitable third option for the awesome people like yourself. Since I have your attention already I'll go ahead and put it out here to get your opinion. I was contemplating putting together a one-shot collection that would feature encounters on one map from each set. For a total of 4 one shots. It was going to be a surprise option announced near the end of the campaign but no reason we can't have it in the addon shop and as a third choice for the complete collection tier. I also understand how tight the budget can get when you back alot of projects. I do so as well. Each set is, at minimum, 1000 individual terrain pieces plus atleast 10 maps in numerous formats and variations. If I had taken this to print each set would be about $40. As a way to get this to people and save everyone money on shipping and manufacturing I went with a self-printed model which allowed me to cut the cost in half I have since reduced it a further $5 based on your feedback and others.

2y

Anthony, thanks for the empathy about the financial situation. This one-shot idea that you suggest does sound like an appealing choice! Is there any chance that you might make it an Add-On at the end that includes the associated maps? I know that you have mentioned other Add-Ons, perhaps yet to be revealed, and this reminds me of the surprises that you had in store for It's Tough To Be A God if the social site posters had cooperated. I know that you're tantalizing us with some Stretch Goals, and sometimes less is more, but having revealed more terrain set art has at least given me an idea of which set I'm picking if I stay at one. Regarding these Add-On reveals, it might be worth trying to do some bread crumb drops to get some more coverage. You dropped Azalea from your title, and I figured that she was the Fey on your initial splash. As an example of how the bread crumb trail might work for this campaign, however, you could keep her around as a representative mascot character (who could change per project, but as with comic characters, a story begins to develop overtime). You could have her go on an adventure through your worlds as the campaign progresses with snippets of flavor text, introductions of maps, maybe even some little solo combat rules, that helps to engage us backers like you had tried to do with It's Tough To Be A God with the visual map journey, but perhaps in a more interactive way that keeps us participating and involved throughout the process. I have, for example, shared your campaign on Twitter today when I backed, but it's sort of a one-and-done passive affair that gets little attention when I'm backing new projects all the time. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you want to try to generate an internal excitement that empassions us to walk with you every step of the way. Maybe this will come in a future project. It's just something to think about. Maybe you can tie the terrain competition in with it somehow. What I further envision is that a cohesive melding of your projects might manifest to build your worlds. As you reveal this terrain competition here, you could even reference a god/dess, hearkening back to It's Tough To Be A God, struggling in determination of which land to create, and then the terrain begins to populate and so on. These are just some ideas that would make me more excited about the project. Run or fly with them how you wish!

Azalea will return in a later project for sure if not make an appearance in the one-shot collection we've talked about here. I also have a recurring character who you will get to see a bit more of very soon in the second Riddlehouse book when I get that nearly ready. You may have even done so already if you snagged a copy of the playtest. Darius Bumble/Brumble I keep swapping his last name when I reference him by mistake lol. Has made an appearance in It's Tough to Be a God for sure and if I remember correctly he may have been quoted in either Riddlehouse vol 1 or in the Attack of the Christmas Pudding freebie adventure. I'd have to go back through them to be sure but I know I have mentioned him at least 2-3 times and you will definitely see him again and again until he eventually gets his own title feature when I have a better foundation of work ready for his better potions n such. I have also mentioned my campaign setting a number of times in both books as well. I plan on releasing a piece of it probably next year. So if you stick with me I'm pretty sure you will eventually start to see the world I'm building take shape.