Grand Guignol gives us crooked alleys and foggy squares, charged touches and words left unsaid, lavish parties and faceless crowds, bloody hands and dangerous smiles, and always the darkness without and within asking "What lurks in the secret corners of your heart?"
- The Beast, a tormented soul who struggles to keep their monstrous urges in check.
- The Gate, a once-normal individual haunted by a terrifying and incredible power.
- The Hunter, consumed by their revenge against the monsters that destroyed their life.
- The Patron, a wealthy and powerful individual who keeps one foot in the darkness.
- The Scholar, a maverick philosopher obsessed with a new vision for the world.
- The Ward, an innocent soul whose every step brings them closer to darkness.
Harvest gives us laden orchards and barren fields; desperate fervour and doubts grown thick as weeds; calves born and pigs slaughtered; proud traditions, failing wealth, and hostile stares; juice-smeared lips and dirt under nails; and always the questions echoing down through the generations: “Whose blood must be spilled to feed the land?” and “Whose hand will hold the knife?”
- The Stranger, who just washed ashore. Their powers are The Crown, The Holy Church, or The University.
- The Young Blood, who stands on the precipice of adulthood. Their powers are The Storm Shepherd, Verdure, or The Sun King.
- The Old Name, whose family have ruled here for many years. Their powers are The Deathless Wyrm, Grandmother Oak, or Crooked Hence.
- The Dreamer, who hopes to run away from here. Their powers are The Undertow, The Barrow Queen, or The Wicker Ways.
- The Wise One, who cares for the old ways of the island. Their powers are The Stone In The Marsh, The Ravening Wolf, or The Skinless Mare.
- The Homecomer, who never thought they'd be here again. Their powers are The Fisher King, The Black Dog, or The Slate House.
Grand Guignol and Harvest will be published as two separate softcover books, each around 120 pages at half-letter size. Each one will be full of gorgeous illustrations by our talented team of artists. This is Possum Creek's 8th project, and we're well-experienced with what the development and release of these two books will involve. We've come to Backerkit to ensure a successful print run. Our goal is a bit higher than for other projects of this scope, but with two full print runs we'll need a bit more than we have in the past.
- Art & Layout — 40%. This is for covers and interior illustrations for both books, and in-house layout.
- Writing & Editing — 15%. This is both the writer's advance and the cost of editing both books.
- Printing — 30%. This is the cost of printing and manufacturing both books and all accompanying merchandise.
- Rainy Day — 5%. A bit of money set aside, just in case something goes wrong.
- Fees — 10%. Backerkit and various card processing companies all collect fees, this covers that.
The number listed is the amount needed to print both books at the level we desire. We have no stretch goals planned for this project.
Character Deck + Die
A deck of twelve character horoscopes along with a six-sided die. The character horoscopes can be used for making minor characters in Harvest and shaping their motivations. The deck will include a guide for interpreting the die and applying it in game.
- February 2024: Final drafts of both Grand Guignol and Harvest will be submitted for editing.
- March 2024: All art will be completed for both Harvest and Grand Guignol.
- June 2024: Layout will finish for both Harvest and Grand Guignol.
- July 2024: PDF editions of both games will be released to backers.
- September 2024: Physical copies of both games will ship out of our warehouse.
Additionally, we are currently fulfilling two other crowdfunding projects, Yazeba's Bed & Breakfast and Inscrutable Cities. While both projects are currently very nearly out the door, we cannot begin work on Harvest and Grand Guignol until those projects are in the hands of their backers.
Boycott HP Inc.
Melody is a specialist TTRPG editor and writer, a sometimes poet, and a maker of play experiences large and small. She's helped make words wonderful on Lancer, Thousand Year Old Vampire, Fight with Spirit, and at least one of your other favorite games. When she isn’t elbow-deep in words or thinking about communism, she parents two lovely gremlins and too many cats. Her Twitter is here, and her website is here.
Ver is an artist from Eastern Europe, currently residing in Edinburgh, Scotland. They are working on their debut graphic novel, The Wildercourt. Their Twitter is here, and their website is here.
If you live near Philadelphia we will be providing local pickup at the Possum Creek office for those interested.