Publishing Goblin's Oracle Dice, 2nd Edition

Publishing Goblin's Oracle Dice, 2nd Edition

15 comments
user avatar image for Celticswan
5 months ago

Though I agree with some of the comments about the stones not being exactly what it says, I'm thrilled there will be a stone set. I want to comment on the box top and for some reason, I can't find that comment place. I like that the dice designs will be an option and like both ideas of putting them in a circle on the edge or following the inside placement. If which designs are shown for each die is up for comment, I'd prefer ones that aren't violent. I know some of the designs are in the process of change, but from what I can find, I like the butterfly for Metamorphosis, Wounds: plain hand, Kindness: hands with present, Attentions: candle or door, Longings: Yoga pose (?), Publishing Goblin: feathered quill, Alley: kneeled performer or cat, Influences: marionette or sun on flower (?), Autumn: hourglass or carriage (not skull), Summer: sun or celestial, Spring: birds or seedling, Winter: ice, Action: scales, Obstacle: (depends on the new design, 2 swords, peace, or tower OK), Element: (depends on the new design, maybe heart), Relations: ? all seem plain, Suits: crown, Majors: path, Gambler: cards with or without hand.

user avatar image for kiakiali
5 months ago

Proud to be the 3,001st backer! (was trying for 3,000 but missed it by a few minutes)

user avatar image for Jennifer Bisson
5 months ago

Love hearing about the Lords....The Collector of Selves is SO me LOL The stones picked for the dice look really awesome

user avatar image for Kim W
5 months ago

Your creative mind is wonderful - these back stories are so interesting. I look forward to learning more! I did initially misread the collector of selves as the collector of sieves, which would not be quite as interesting as a back story...

user avatar image for Zigo
5 months ago

Is there any way you could get pictures of other stone dice sets the manufacturer has made so we can see what they look like?

user avatar image for Anonymous Seagull #1719378
5 months ago

I definitely want a stone set. I have an affinity to stones and surround myself with them. Yes, they may show wear, tear and damage with time and use … developing a patina that makes them all the more remarkable.

user avatar image for Softa Larry
5 months ago

The stone dice are a wonderful concept, but, as someone has said some stones are pretty soft to use over and over. Maybe stones for display and plastic to play?

user avatar image for Anonymous Bluejay #1012208
5 months ago

That is actually my current plan, 100% absolutely.

That's what I'll be doing myself!

user avatar image for Anonymous Bluejay #1012208
5 months ago

I love the cover you've described, it looks just about perfect in my head! Can't wait to see what the sample drawings look like. I am super happy I'm getting a stone set now.

user avatar image for James
5 months ago

Bring on the stones 🤩

user avatar image for The Perky Hedgewitch
5 months ago

Reading the stone descriptions, I think there's been a mistake. That's not natural opal; it's opalite, which is a manmade glass. Natural opal would be way, WAY more expensive and far too soft for use as a die.

user avatar image for Anonymous Duck #1746427
5 months ago

Also the varying hardness of the stones is a big concern at this rate, damaging stones over time because the owner shuffles/shakes them in their hands before casting. The same reason why a lot of crystal confetti doesn't work out.

user avatar image for JennD13
5 months ago

I'm also confused, the picture for the goblin die is definitely not hematite. It's pretty, but hematite should be solid metallic dark gray.