💫 Explore Pintopia 💫
>1y

The Weaver of the Spaces Between (or The Thing from/Lord of the Spaces Between) is my suggestion for a title, for a chaos die! The spaces between worlds, the spaces between choices, upsetting things and throwing them awry (or pulling them into balance - but how can you tell, when you're one of the things in the worlds being moved about?). I like the idea of a chaotic entity for it, perhaps even one whose being is made up of many stolen/borrowed/mirrored parts of different things - some recognisable and some not, perhaps. . . - and perhaps they change out, taking on new aspects of their being and releasing old ones as they move through time (and those spaces between. . .). Perhaps all faintly galaxy-themed/patterned (and maybe one feline/slit-pupilled eye peeking out from the swirl of stars and random, eldritch Parts of them. . .) As far as die faces, some idle thoughts: ~choose one die to reroll (our choices do shape the chaos of our lives) ~close your eyes/look away and reach out; reroll whatever die your fingers land on (sometimes our choices are made without knowledge of what we're changing) ~all the dice shift one zone/space in the same direction, around in a cosmic wheel (like the galaxy turning) ~change each die as you come to it in the reading, either tipping it over one face or rerolling it, in an escalating shift (one change makes more changes and we don't always see them coming) ~read the bottom faces of the dice/the ones they're sitting on, rather than the top ~roll the chaos die again, right through the middle of the reading like a game of marbles, and see what changes are wrought ~stop the reading here, things beyond are too in flux to know

>1y

This, a being that exists in the liminal places between, an enforcer of the boundaries that also opens up doors for possibilities (chaos is both and neither, being change after all). I don't have any ideas for the die faces, but I've had this very Baba Yaga idea running around in my head, but as a grandmother toad type figure...it may not even get into the mix of ideas given my skullsquid isn't feeling very descriptive or explanatory this morning but I had to throw something out there.