2y

I must admit I would love the Happy Squirrel! šŸ˜‚ But a ā€œChild of the Cosmosā€ die with a freaky combo of beings could be interesting too! As for being based on the Fate die, Iā€™d like to see a move away from what Seven said made it gimmicky, and to offer a real shift in perspective for the querent. Here are some face ideas: Community - The closest die or area of the mat the chaos die lands on is a call for ways you can look to support others. Inspired by the community fund. Dumpster fire - The closest die or area of the mat the chaos die lands on is going to be an absolute clusterfuck. Destroy it, avoid it, anything. Many eyes - look at the reading in a new way. Bring in cards, bibliomancy, a pendulum, or phone a friend to ask what they think Duality - flip a coin. Yes the reading stays the same. No you must reroll the whole reading, or read all the dice with reversals Broken clock - the timing of the nearest die or area on the mat where the chaos die lands on will be distorted somehow. Either itā€™ll happen when you least expect it, or it will recur until you find a way to break free from it. Abandoned House - I would see this as a thing among reflections type of meaning. The nearest die or area of the mat the Chaos die lands on is now haunted. Someone/something elseā€™s energy is affecting that area of your life, and you need to look within yourself to discover what it is.

2y

I love the Groundhog Day idea. Most things recur until you learn enough to move beyond them.

2y

Alternatively, if the chaos die stays on par with simply manipulating the dice closest to it by adding/ removing/ rotation etc, there are a few ways that could be updated. Some of my favourite cards in the Alleymanā€™s tarot are: The Joker - The cards around the chaos joker are now affected by this wild card. Easy to see a mechanism like this in play for the dice. Giuseppe - draw three cards that make you happy. Perhaps we could roll 3 new dice or draw three cards from a deck? The Night Owl - draw one to two cards as messages from the night owl. Again could work well for oracle dice or do it with the cards. The Final Card - while this works fantastically in a huge deck like the Alleymanā€™s, I would worry that if the entire reading was cancelled by one side of the Chaos die it would end up happening way too often. Perhaps remove the die closest?