Replies to Publishing Goblin: The Questions Desk
2y

Okay, first time backing a campaign using Backer Kit for the campaign phase, so not sure how things will go... though considering Backer Kit is the best pledge manager, I'm hopeful it'll go better than the one time I backed a campaign on GameFound(I don't like their pledge manager, and I dislike their campaigns more)... My first question is whether the transition to the pledge manager phase will work similarly to when a campaign is done on Kickstarter and only uses Backer Kit's pledge manager. My second is whether a $1 pledge on a Backer Kit campaign automatically grants access to the pledge manager or if creators retain the option to only send the pledge manager to Backers above a certain level... and my third is how Backer Kit handles a card being declined at campaign's end... Is it a 7-day grace period like with Kickstarter and then the pledge is dropped or is it like when Backer Kit charges for pledge manager add-ons and it retries weekly(or whenever the creator issues a charge attempt) until it either goes through or the creator decides to cancel the order(either due to non-payment or the backer requesting the cancellation)? Just trying to figure out how much wiggle room I have to work with regarding when things are charged under ideal circumstances versus when I actually get paid.

2y

Also, anyone know how to set display names on Backer Kit? Since it clearly isn't using the screen name exported from Kickstarter like it does in Backer Kit invites... Also, anyone else find it harder to talk about the various phases of a crowdfunding project when the same service is being used for phases that are so often performed with different services?

2y

Hello, you can go to your profile top right corner of the screen to edit your display name. :)

My good friend, always happy to see you on another project! Yes, the transition to pledge manager will be similar to normal except with less of a jump, since we're already on that site. Yes, a $1 pledge will go to the manager like everyone elses. I don't know how Backerkit would handle dropped cards, we can ask, but I'd imagine it's the same as they do otherwise, where it retries once a week.