💫 Explore Pintopia 💫
Replies to Justin D. Jacobson (Board Game Necromancer): Project Update: Hello First Achievement! Goodbye Citadel!
>1y

Really hoping the expansions are combinable. Also - I'm not a fan _at_all_ of abilities that allow you to pull other abilities from outside the current game. It slows things down considering all the options, and potentially pre-considering all the options as you plan the months. The game already has a search-the-treasure-deck-for-whatever-you-want ability, which is painful enough. What's worse, you've got to have the whole pile of abilities accessible instead of packed in whatever modular storing system you choose to use, and the amount of setup and space needed for play is already huge. I've found it a pain in virtually ever game that has something like this. Even if you have the ability to dictate which subset of monuments you use in the game and make sure that one isn't in the set, I'd prefer it just have a different ability. The game is super-amazing, and will be made even moreso with the expansion...just voicing a (strong) preference about mechanism(s) whose "fun" does not outweigh their overhead (of course, in my opinion).