💫 Explore Pintopia 💫
Replies to Jason Taylor: Project Update: Hero Treasures
CREATOR
>1y

Just a note: all the content we’re showing is in the design stage but still hasn’t gone through development and copy editing. Which means there are still loopholes in the rules and language inconsistencies that we'll definitely be addressing. Feel free to point out concerns (we might miss something!) but these are going to go through a final editing pass before we’re done.

>1y

Why don't you open it up to the community via link. Link Text: "If you would like to look for text problems such as rulebook typos, confusing word choice, etc., then please click this link. Note: any suggestions are just that--suggestions. We appreciate help from the community. More eyes the better, but for various reasons, we may or may not take your offered suggestion. Thank you. Click Here

>1y

I would argue that some of the text in the app is also confusing. For example: "Lose one item". This occurs during a battle. What the hell is an item? What is lost should EXACTLY match the name of the XYZ. Example: lose one gear, lose one magic item, lose one quest item, lose one magic item or one quest item. There is nothing in the game called an item. I constantly have the same trouble with other games. This results in a massive FAQ. FAQs are dangerous. Although they clarify, they also cause game stoppage, arguments, and rule misinterpretation. What game manufacturers should do is build in a $5000 fee to have their games professionally edited.

>1y

@Kevin, the game term "items" is defined in the base game rulebook on page 8. At least in this instance, no clarification or FAQ is required. :)

>1y

The treasures that say "upgrade" should say "improve" to be consistent with the design language.

>1y

Count me among the folks who think the adjectives (Brutal, Orphaned, Haunted) just make the items sound unwieldy. These are exceptionally cool though, and I hope a signature treasure shows up for each of the new heroes too!