Hello 🙋‍♀️ It's so lovely to see you all here! Some of you I know from previous campaigns, others I don't, and others yet I count amongst my close friends! Some of you have probably backed before but I've never had the opportunity to meet you, and others are maybe backing a Weird Giraffe Game for the first time (or the first time in a while) and don't know who the heck I am. In any of those cases, hi! 👋

My name is Beth, and I'm a 🏳️‍⚧️ transgender, 🙃 bipolar woman who learned last year that she's a massive extrovert...at least online. I haven't left the house aside from walks and a single trip to the post office since late 2019, thanks COVID! Aaaaanyway, my title here is Responsible Gal, but I'm far from the only responsible person here. I jumped at the title because I aspire to be responsible and, I mean... gender validation baked right into my job title? Yes plz! 🥺 I'm loud and proud 🏳️‍🌈 and I believe in the power of visibility and representation because I wouldn't be who I am today if not for the visibly trans & queer people I've come to know. I also get rather personal at every given opportunity, and I use a bunch of emojis and casual conversation because I like to and because, hopefully, it helps everyone remember there's another human being on this side of the screen. 😊

As Responsible Gal, the main focus of my job is on customer service. So, if you ever have any questions, comments, issues, or anything else, feel free to reach out to me! I also (wo)man the helpdesk, so if you ever submit a helpdesk ticket you'll get me there too. Just please, please know that I'll get back to you as soon as I can, even if it takes me several days because of a depressive spiral... 🙃 

I have a bit of a personal connection to Explosion in the Laboratory: one of my very first forays into tabletop design was the Weird Giraffe Games 18-card contest, the same contest Corey won that led to this game becoming a reality! If not for that contest, I almost certainly wouldn't be designing games today, and I definitely wouldn't be a part of this amazing team. Nor would my partner in life, love, and everything else (including design), Angel (who will be introducing herself here sometime in the future too I bet) 🧡. In addition, Angel, Carla, and I run Quirky Bird Games together, where we make print and play games (mostly TTRPGs and others that require minimal components) that generally focus on uplifting one another, positivity, learning about oneself and others, coping with life, or just plain being silly :D

Feel free to come and say hi anytime by replying to this update, creating a helpdesk ticket, joining the Weird Giraffe Games discord server, or finding me on Twitter @BethMakesGames! Or even come by our Monday evening Weird Giraffe Games weekly streams, where we chat and play games together. Most weeks you can even join us on Board Game Arena and play along! Those happen at 7:30 pm Eastern each Monday. 🧡 Plus, I'm gonna stream some live game design this Sunday (the 6th) from about 1-3 am Eastern, creating a game in one hour based on a theme voted on over on the Quirky Bird Games Patreon page here. Note: voting doesn't require being a patron :D

Have a wonderful day, and I appreciate it more than I can say that you stopped by! Don't forget just how amazing you are! 🙌 

- ✨Beth

Twitter

Facebook

Copy Link

Comments 5