About a week ago, we sat down (remotely) with Corey Andalora, the designer of Explosion in the Laboratory, to discuss and play the game with him on the Weird Giraffe Games Twitch channel. One of the things that came up was the idea of a theme song! Shuffling ("shaking") the cards in Screentop led to numerous shake-related songs like "Jump in the Line" ("shake, shake, shake, señora"), "Hey Ya!" ("Shake it like a Polaroid picture"), and others.

So, what theme song(s) do you think of when it comes to Explosion in the Laboratory or Fire in the Library? Does "The Final Countdown" come to mind when the library is about to burn down? Does "Master Exploder" play in your head when you think about getting that second red chemical? Maybe the whole catalog of My Chemical Romance is just bouncing around the whole time you think of Explosion in the Laboratory, and then Fall Out Boy takes over once the explosion has happened?

You get bonus points if you can tie a favorite of yours in even if it's not obvious! For example, I love the song "Like A Sword Over Damocles" by Trivium, based on (you guessed it) the sword of Damocles, a metaphor for impending doom and something catastrophic practically bound to happen. That sure sounds like an easy tie-in with Explosion in the Laboratory to me!

I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

Twitter

Facebook

Copy Link

Comments 8