Libraries are freaking magical and no one can ever tell me otherwise. I know this'll make me sound heckin old, but back in my day we didn't have interwebs, so we had to go the library to get most of our info and a lot of our free entertainment (aside from, you know... actually just going outside and playing). And it wasn't just that libraries were these epic places where you could get books you wanted, they also often had activities! And even if you were a kid you could sometimes get your own library card!!! How amazing is it for, like, a 10-year-old to have their own card and be able to check out the books (even if their parent had to be right there approving it)??? Ugh remember when we WANTED to be grown-ups?

ANYWAY that's enough digressing, I'd love to know about a library experience (or multiple!) that you remember. It could be good or bad or just absolutely wild!

For example, here are a few of mine:
📚 When I was a pre-teen (I think?) one time someone brought in a huge snake (a boa constrictor maybe?). Most of us (including me) were freaked out and refused to touch it, but some of us did, including my sister! 
📚 I remember when I moved here to Indiana, I hadn't been in a library in a LONG time, and it blew my mind that the library in a nearby town had a huge selection of movies and music and even TV series and stuff. Then it blew my mind even more that the one here in our tiny town had quite a lot of movies too!
📚 In Jan 1993 (I googled) Czechoslovakia split into two countries: the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Why does this matter? Because in that same school year (so within the next few months) in geography class I had to do a report on "Czechoslovakia" after all of us drew random countries from a hat or box or whatever. This was waaaaaaaay before Google, and our encyclopedias were obviously out of date since it had just happened, so it was SUPER FUN trying to find any kind of info from books or newspapers at the library for what the heck to write. 

Twitter

Facebook

Copy Link

Comments 17