🐌 Introducing the Slow System Pitcher
The Slow System is a flexible collection of tools that aims to elevate your daily rituals. With one system you can make pour-over coffee or press coffee in the morning, brew loose leaf tea or ice-brew coffee in the afternoon, and mix a cocktail at the end of the day.
The newest member of the system is a two-toned pitcher that can brew and hold larger batches of your favorite drinks—from the kitchen counter to the dining table.
- The pitcher holds up to 32 oz (~1 L) — large enough for a small gathering
- The combination of amber and clear borosilicate glass is highly temperature shock resistant
- Double-walled construction means hot drinks stay hot and cold drinks stay cold—and the pitcher won't sweat
- The opening accepts our steel pour-over dripper for coffee and our steel strainer for making tea, "no press" coffee, or even overnight cold brew
- The pitcher comes with a cork lid for a tight seal for temperature control and a maintaining freshness
Make a pitcher of pour-over coffee that stays hot for almost an hour. Brew loose leaf tea in batches large enough for four people. Mix up a pitcher of iced margaritas without worrying about the melt watering them down.
With this latest addition to the Slow System has truly stepped up. Amber is the early morning light, the low sun in late afternoon, the twilight of early evening. These transition times are what the Slow System was designed to celebrate.
⏳ Manual creates home goods for slow living.
We think slowness is important. We think everyday tasks should be celebrated. We think there’s joy in repetitive rituals. We think there’s pride to be found in doing something difficult. We think friction and imperfection keep life interesting. We think taking your time is worth it.
is a project in creating products that encourage you to slow down and appreciate the moment.
🕰️ What do we make?
We tend to focus on durable no-tech home goods that celebrate daily rituals. Food and beverage are a reoccurring theme of our work for almost a decade. Here are a few recent jams:The Slow System
🐢 Behind Manual
Manual was founded by Craighton Berman
—a designer who has work in the permanent collection of the Art Institute of Chicago and was the first designer to use Kickstarter to launch a product. Based on his background of design mixed with DIY, Manual was founded to produce products in the spirit of slow food.Learn more about Manual
or follow us on Instagram