2y

So, I won't lie, and this is totally just my bias. But a long while ago, I suggested a die based on the mythical Kamaitachi. The reason I did, was because it is a trickster, based on wind, and is known as a slightly chaotic lil' thing. I bring it up, because wind is chaotic. It flows and swirls, and sort of does whatever it wants. It flows over and around things, and you just have to "Put up with it". I feel with the chaos die, that's sort of a fitting thing. It may feel WEIRD to move dice, or to slide them into a different spot, or re-roll them, or other almost game-like effects... But that's the point. Your reading must adapt WITH it, and must flow like the wind, and whatever the chaos die brings, you just have to 'make it fit'. I dunno if this interpretation would be enough to sway ya, buuuut I would also say that a kamaitachi is a swirly little wind weasel, which I personally prefer above a squirrel, buuuuut again, this is totally just my own bias-arse'd interpretation! Plus, being a mythological creature, a Japanese demon or "Yokai", or just basically a spirit, I can imagine some eldritch horror thrown in, like it's ribs showing or numerous eyes, or perhaps some other fun stuff! All a kamaitachi TENDS to be depicted as is a trio of weasels with scythes for hands riding on the wind, so it's pretty malleable for interpretation! As for faces? I would say that a re-roll, a reposition, swapping position with another die are all fun... But another fun effect that I would also think is a -great- way to get someone who's being read in? Let one of the faces allow the reader to personally take a die and put it somewhere else/change the face. In my own eyes, I would say that it gives you a chance to ask the person being read something: "What made you pick that die? What made you pick that face?" That could invite the person reading to talk more and give you an insight into them a bit more. Personally, when I do readings, I like to get the person to talk a bit more. Could be about the reading, could be about anything else. Sometimes it's just to get the person to relax a bit more, other times it's because there feels like something missing, and I feel like if I'm going to do a reading on someone, that it doesn't hurt to let them feel a little more included. At worst, it lets them just put their hands on things and give them a feeling of slight control. At best, it might lead to more rich insights. So... For me? I like to imagine the Chaos die, and it's faces, as the Kamaitachi swirling away with the die, playing it's lil' prank, and then looking to see where things went and how it looks now. (Sorry to wax on, but hope this at least is interesting!)