>1y

As someone who works in the delivery industry at the end-point, while I understand the shipping delay is not ideal, I think it is a wise choice. All the companies add additional fees during the winter holiday season, USPS has already announced they will be doing this again this year, and FedEx has announced plans reducing flights and temporarily parking aircraft, trimming hours for its staff, delaying some hiring plans and closing 90 FedEx Office locations as well as five corporate offices, because they are seeing a reduction in volume currently. Wether this will continue into the winter is yet to be seen, but when the private shippers can’t handle the increased volume, they pass it on to other companies that are themselves struggling to keep up with the increase. Which ultimately leads to massive increases in delays and lost shipments. I’d much rather get my items a little later, if it means not having to pay additional surcharges for shipping on top of normal shipping costs, as well as a lower risk of things getting lost or damaged in transit, or misdelivered, or so on.