Skip to main content

Recently, a clip came out from the Q&A panel in which someone asked about the use of Gen AI for the movie. The person asking the question stated that they, like many others, are concerned about how AI will be used for the Fablehaven movie, especially after the fiasco of Young Washington. For anyone who hasn't seen it, after comparing Generative AI to Steven Spielberg using CGI, the answer boiled down to "if it looks good, we'll use it; if it doesn't look good, we won't use it". I, for one, am concerned about the implications and am very against the usage of AI in movies, as I believe it is incredibly harmful to the environment and is completely unable to capture the same emotion that real art made by real humans is able to. I would be devastated if this beloved franchise from my childhood finally got brought to life in a movie and was ruined due to the use of AI, and I cannot support the notion of using it for the movie. I'm sure many others will agree with me, and I have seen the exact same concerns throughout the community and strongly hope people see this to spread support in the hopes that those in charge of this decision understand what it could mean if they decide to use something so divisive. I see on Reddit often that nobody has high hopes for this movie due to prior Angel films, and I would like to believe otherwise, but cannot stand behind it if Generative AI takes the place of real human emotion. Hugo is a rock golem given sentient life, but using AI to bring him to the screen would take that life right back from him. AI cannot capture the real art a movie requires.

user avatar image for Travis Shreeve
8
Share

Share

Twitter

Bluesky

Facebook

Copy Link

Comments 8
Loading

Confirm