Thank you all SO MUCH for the generous gift-giving. Our current plan (subject to refinement) is for the business to chip in a few hundred dollars, and then to acquire an Intel I7 Surface Pro 9 with a 1TB SSD and 16GB of RAM. This would replace my Surface Pro 7 (128GB SSD, 8GB RAM). The small drive size slows me down because it regularly has to pull files from the cloud, and the low RAM slows me down when I'm working with big files. And since it doesn't really have the "oomph" to run Photoshop, I can't even DO some of my critical tasks on it. I realize that "work faster" won't seem like it fulfils the requirements of "fun birthday gift," but hear me out: the Surface Pro is part of my zero gravity recliner workstation, which is a critical piece of my Long Covid compensation kit. Every time I have to get out of that chair I end up tired and frustrated. Upgrading the Surface Pro will let me stay in the zone longer, and the beefier machine will let me run Photoshop and Clip Studio simultaneously, which will be a huge workflow improvement. I love making things, and something that lets me sit comfortably for longer while making MORE things is pretty much the best birthday gift I can imagine. Anyway, that's the plan.

Twitter

Facebook

Copy Link

Comments 1