A community compendium of house rules for The Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG. This book defines a full methodology for solo and Wardenless play and includes house rules for everything from downtime to cybernetics.
Channeling the second book included with all Game Designers’ Workshop games, Advanced Rules is a text only zine of house rules for the Mothership Sci-Fi Horror RPG 1e from the Mothership community with a focus on rules adapted from RV Games online magazine, The Adventure Gaming Periodical. The WIP rules are viewable here, this web page version of the project will always be free for community use.
Included in Advanced Rules
- Solo and Wardenless Play Guidelines by Violet Ballard
- Some Ship Combat Rules by Joshua Justice
- Miniships by Greenspore
- Streamlined Debt and Downtime System Adapted From Rules by Jack Shirai
- Psion and Psionics by Monovektor
- Surgical Rolls by Violet Ballard
- Social Rolls by Violet Ballard
- Ultimate Bad Ass by Christian Sorrell
- Squad Combat and Stacking by Violet Ballard
- Exploration Procedure Using Dynamic Tables by Violet Ballard
- Grid and Zone Maps by Violet Ballard
- Additional Classes by Joshua Justice, Christian Sorrell, and Violet Ballard
- Cybernetics, Drug, Robotics, and AI Design Sequences by Violet Ballard
- G.O.B.L.I.N. - Gremlin's OGRE Basics: Living in Neuralware by edbury
All of the rules are being revised for the final 1e version of Mothership with professional editing by Roz Leahy beyond their original online publication.