CREATOR
Hi everyone! With surveys for backers closing next week, I wanted to post a few updates I have as to where I am in the process of getting everything ready to ship, be that physically or virtually. As of right now, all stickers, bookmarks, art prints, canvas prints, and paperbacks are to me. I've been spending some time most nights putting stickers together in little baggies for those getting those, as well as making sure I have enough of everything to send out. Well, that and hand making the early bird Opus bookmarks. That admittedly is taking some time still. I will likely ship out in batches as a result of that because that specific part of the process is time consuming.
As of right now (roughly 415pm on September 25th), the only things not ready to ship are the aforementioned sheet music bookmarks, as well as the hardcover versions of the book. When I last checked with Ingram Spark, those are still in the process of printing. This is causing me a pair of frustrations. The first is obviously that it's the last thing I'm waiting on to arrive and I just want things to get here already. But also because Ingram Spark prevents you from making edits to your file if you have an order currently printing. This is relevant because I found a couple of minor typos in the paperback copies I've already received. While they're nothing major (an extra space, a word being pockets instead of pocket, etc), they do still annoy me because they were somehow missed between myself, editor, proofreader, and beta readers. Which is okay in that we're all human and that we make mistakes, but I am still fixing them. The digital versions of the book backers will receive as rewards will have these corrected. The paperbacks and hardbacks, however, will not due to this file lock.
If you feel very strongly about having a paperback or hardcover copy with zero errors forever and ever amen, please let me know. I am likely going to need to order even more books at some point anyway, so I'll make note of it and add you to that shipment set. It just might be a bit of a delay on shipping because of the aforementioned items if you prefer that.
My hope is to have everything I can shipped out before November 1st. To do that though, there are still a handful of surveys (roughly 15% of all backers) that need to be completed. If you are still pending filling out your survey, please do that ASAP. Planned survey lock date is September 30th.
Thank you all for your support. Apologies for the lengthy post this time, but thank you for reading.
As of right now (roughly 415pm on September 25th), the only things not ready to ship are the aforementioned sheet music bookmarks, as well as the hardcover versions of the book. When I last checked with Ingram Spark, those are still in the process of printing. This is causing me a pair of frustrations. The first is obviously that it's the last thing I'm waiting on to arrive and I just want things to get here already. But also because Ingram Spark prevents you from making edits to your file if you have an order currently printing. This is relevant because I found a couple of minor typos in the paperback copies I've already received. While they're nothing major (an extra space, a word being pockets instead of pocket, etc), they do still annoy me because they were somehow missed between myself, editor, proofreader, and beta readers. Which is okay in that we're all human and that we make mistakes, but I am still fixing them. The digital versions of the book backers will receive as rewards will have these corrected. The paperbacks and hardbacks, however, will not due to this file lock.
If you feel very strongly about having a paperback or hardcover copy with zero errors forever and ever amen, please let me know. I am likely going to need to order even more books at some point anyway, so I'll make note of it and add you to that shipment set. It just might be a bit of a delay on shipping because of the aforementioned items if you prefer that.
My hope is to have everything I can shipped out before November 1st. To do that though, there are still a handful of surveys (roughly 15% of all backers) that need to be completed. If you are still pending filling out your survey, please do that ASAP. Planned survey lock date is September 30th.
Thank you all for your support. Apologies for the lengthy post this time, but thank you for reading.
Comments
0