Replies to Publishing Goblin: Project Update: Funded in just 2 1/2 hours!
2y

Huh... I'm actually really curious. Is there a particular reason why the Fate Die is becoming the Gambler's Fate Die and not simply just having a separate die be made for them both instead? It seems a bit strange to just completely re-do one instead of let that one be and make this other one a new one. This isn't to critique it, I'm just genuinely curious, though I suppose there's also a part of me that is sad cuz I was never able to GET the original set, and it feels like I missed something. :< For those of us who didn't get to get in on the first set, I don't suppose there'll be a PDF or something to see the old one, and what it used to be like before the change, is there? No worries if not, but like I said, I'm just super interested and curious 'bout this! Still, can't wait to see more of this going forward!

Hey Codo! To be honest, I felt like the Fate Die the way it was originally was super gimicky and it didn't contribute much to readings. For people who got used to it and liked it in the original, they can keep it around and use it as it was, but for people who didnt get the original, you're not missing anything. It would make you reroll dice or remove the nearest die or move dice around, and it always felt more like a game to me than a part of the oracle set. I liked it in concept but in practice it never felt right, so I almost always remove it from my reading pool. As a result, it felt not worth keeping in its current form. Now it will be a proper part of the set, with each face having a unique meaning, not just moving dice around. I promise this will allow it to be a more active piece of a reading, rather than like, removing a die from the reading which just removes parts of the nuance of a reading, and since it's all it did itself, it was basically ANOTHER removed die. Just not fulfilling the way I wanted it to be.

2y

I can't seem to reply -directly- to yer own response, but I hope ya see this still: I can understand it if it felt a bit out of place then to do so. Admittedly, I feel like that'd actually in itself be part of a reading, like if it removed something, that it could mean something transitive in nature, like a missed opportunity, or that if it moved a die, that it means that there could mean something akin to "hidden connections" between the meaning... Buuuuut I also don't know how the actual reading process with the dice go, since I don't have the set or book to reference and can only go off of what I can see. D: Either way, fully understandable, and I look forward to seeing what it the revised die will be like!

I'll ask people how they feel about it in an update when I reveal the new Gambler's die. If people want I'd consider renaming the fate die to the Chaos Die and revising it a little but keeping its function as little annoyance haha.