I'm a long time free software / open culture contributor and I'm wondering what exactly does your "100% open source" statement mean. To quote: > Any of the techniques or products we develop to improve sustainability will be available for ANYONE to use. Even the molds we're planning to create with will be free for anyone else working with our manufacturer to use in perpetuity. At the same time: > We don’t think Daybreak is a good candidate for print and play due to the large component demands. However, one of our stretch goals is to create a web-based digital version of the game that is free for everyone. My understanding is that the "open source" here means that you won't publish any of the game files / designs, you will only allow people to approach your manufacturer to ask for additional prints. Is that right? If so, this might be a tad misleading. Would publishing the components openly cause any licensing problems? I've already seen a few requests for translations and I think that allowing people to crowdsource them could really simplify the process and help build a community. Given a proper format you could use the same fan-translated assets in your web app.

Twitter

Facebook

Copy Link

Comments 2