Project Update: Last Hours & A Small Sneak Preview
That all said, we're in the last few hours of the campaign, and I'm excited to push this into production! The next steps will be to finalize the vector art - which is something we always do in-house - and we'll be working on that in the coming weeks. I'll also be sending out a survey to finalize addresses. To keep things simple, you'll just be limited to this pin set this time around to keep fulfilment as contained and easy as possible, with the optional additions of the unlocked microfiber cloths and stickers (the full set will come with the microfiber automatically).
Due to the hard cap that exists with production, I won't be opening up the preorder store for this project. Any extras will be offered once I'm sure we have enough items (since there won't be any second runs in this color/metal variation). The drop for the remainder is something I'll announce once grading and fulfilment is done.
I cannot assure standards past this campaign of this pin. The best of the batch will be used for the campaign.
We are looking at ideas for future additions, though I'll note now that no preorders will open before a sample is completely finalized so that we can get the aesthetics to match, as well as provide realistic expectations for things. Next will definitely be Liyue - a sketch is below - but a poll is above for thoughts on pins to follow! If you have other ideas, I'd also love to hear them in the comments!
That's all I have for today, and am excited to see all of you in the last few hours of this project. Cheers and happy adventuring! :D
Project Update: Production (Note on Surveys and Shipping, Apologies!)
- The first thing I wanted to mention that this project did get delayed because of my involvement in (and running of) Purrtagonists. You have my firm apologies on that. What started as 26 designs turned into 55 art designs, vectors and sample passes with that campaign (with we admitted there and in all updates was something we didn't predict correctly) and caused waves on anything that followed it. We've caused a few of our manufacturers to actively melt a bit (55 designs, even split up to 4 manufacturers, proved to be too much for them to keep track of).
It's been almost entirely just myself and Venetia handling the Purrtagonists campaign - and we've had some insanity in our lives in big ways. I had a surprise move that took up all of March and most of February since it was over 10,000 pounds of stuff... all on a pulled hip disc (so I was relatively heavily medicated during March when I repulled it the second time), and Venetia had her child in January (of which still is trying to turn her into a zombie prematurely, with love). I've still been finding and assorting things from the move even this month since I had to get help packing (which meant nothing was labelled correctly). Bluntly put, our lives became a chaotic mess for a minute.
- The artist-friend we hired on to assist with vectoring also has going through some abrupt life changes with medical related items, so the vectors for the previous campaign were only finished out last month. However, before their latest scheduled medical operation, we pushed through the last of the translations of the Venti pin, fleshed out the detailing, and pushed it into production. I've included the generalized artboard in the backer only body (sans codes) just so you can see how that looks - we typically never show these artboards from having had things stolen before, but I just wanted to show that progress had been made.
We're currently tweaking some design aspects in the sampling process.
I'll be updating surveys (as they mainly take shipping funds) once the samples have been fleshed out. I found out in April (so shortly after the last update) that there were some serious changes happening to how first class mail (going to Ground Advantage), as well as priority changes to rates. Our UPS contracts have also updated, so largely their rates actually are better than Priority rates going forward.
Because of this, I've opted to pause collecting those funds until we have a better gauge on when we'll have these in hand (probably know in 2ish months depending on how samples go and how quickly they're completed). The fear right now is that I'll either overcharge massively, undercharge massively, or the service will change significantly by the time we roll around to it. Billing closer to will allow this to be more accurate, as if UPS is actually cheaper, insurance is included and so on (while USPS isn't inherently).
All said, the wait on surveys was intentional on my part with watching the situation, but I do apologize that I wasn't clearer while running around that I'd planned on delaying them for this reason. It also gives me time to work on the (addition!) display box that I'd been looking into and seeing if we had enough residual funds to offer that to the full set backers, and offer it as an option to anyone else. Thankfully box turnarounds are far shorter than pin turnarounds, but it will impact shipping.
NEXT UPDATE TIMELINES:
I'll try to tune in again in the coming month (at latest in early Sept) with further progress!
Project Update: Very Quick Update while on the Road
Things are moving along and the vector queue is getting smaller overall (this is getting nearer to the top). The Purrtagonists project is finally almost complete vector wise which landed 55 designs on us right before this. Once we have samples to show, I'll definitely post them up here.
I'll try to aim for surveys once this bout of travel ends, as it's a bit harder for me to source and check/respond to questions when on planes/in between airports and hotels. Gotta love 27 hours of no-real-sleep segments! I'll try to get this out to you on April 12th. Thankfully this campaign is very simple and largely most of you I anticipate just handing over shipping funds and info (which can be adjusted up through the shipping date).
Thank you as always for your support!
Project Update: Surveys this Coming Week!
Just wanted to touch base since it's been a few weeks! It's been pretty crazy on my end because I managed to pull a hip disc... a few days after confirming I was moving my full house/storage unit/office into a new location. 6-week recovery time injury came at a really, really poor time. ^^;
Project Update: Here’s what to expect next
- Expect an email letting you know your payment has been charged. If there are any issues with your payment we will notify you with next steps.
- We will need to collect some additional info such as your pin selections and shipping information before we send rewards. In the coming weeks we will send you a survey to collect that information.
- Since all Pintopia projects were 100% funded, you will be getting a FREE Pintopia 2023 pin from BackerKit. And if you backed 3+ pins you’ve earned some additional pins. Stay tuned for more information from BackerKit about how you will receive those pins.
Project Update: Welcome & Thank You! - Funded in an Hour :D
Also! Already got to the sticker milestone, so huzzah! :D
Before I ramble more, there are incentives for pledging into more than one campaign! This is the first campaign grouping of its type to have multiple campaigns all tied together, so that's been a lot of fun to see. So if you like freebie pins, that's open to you - the incentives are at the bottom of our story blurb. I personally grabbed some cats (as a surprise to... who?) and I think it let most of you know that (oops).
That all said, there are a few small things that I wanted to clarify with campaign:
- The MAXMIMUM number of pins that I'll take on during the campaign is roughly 150 per pin (with a slight tolerance). There wasn't an ability to individually flag quantity counts in tiers, so I'll be keeping an eye on them. This is because there is a 250 LE quantity cap for individual fan merch items, as directed by Genshin itself, and I intend to stick to that. 150-175 is roughly what I'd be comfortable with while having a buffer for defects. If we cross the 150/pin threshold, you'll see tiers vanish, even if there are days remaining.
The pins, even if there was additional interest at a later date, will not be restocked for a second run for any reason (unless the pins need to be remade, of which we'll handle and communicate that if it occurs). There likely will NOT be a preorder store, and will NOT have (many?) standard in-hand due to how strict my grading scale is.
- Because of this LE cap, I wanted to know whether or not you guys would like the central piece stamped with an LE number on the back. Since it's an additional cost to do so, it will just be the center piece featuring this detail, not the left or right sections. You can vote in the poll! (We would absorb this charge, if it's something you guys would like.)
- Lastly, due to the sheer complexity of the pins, please note that timelines are anticipated to be around September (but can be longer), as noted in our initial information. I'll keep everyone up to tabs with this, and will include any production updates as I get them. I also always post product shots to Discord when I get them, and you're welcome to join at any time if you want to take a peek. You'll probably start seeing these in a few months once sampling has progressed.
Sometime in the coming month I'll be making a channel to cover new projects from this year, so you can keep up-to-date there. Regardless, you're always welcome to ask about progress. Our last year was very complicated with chronic illnesses trying to be far too friendly, alongside multiple life changes at every turn; it's a new year and it's one we're hoping will be filled with less stressful situations and 85 hour work weeks (lol).
All in all, thank you for being part of this experience! :D Super excited to bring this one to life.