I've long been an e-book reader, not for any particular reason, just my preference, I find it convenient. I would never in a million years say it was the "right way" or that any way other people enjoy books is wrong, that's just silliness. Read however you wanna read. That said... I'm currently re-reading Oathbringer, and I do happen to have a physical copy. I figured, why not, I'll read the physical copy this time. And it's somewhat novel. But on some level I have to wonder... how? This is a doorstopper. I've read hundreds of physical books in my life, several of them recently. The sheer logistics of trying to read Oathbringer under most circumstances is baffling. I'm lucky in that I'm generally reading in bed or at my desk etc, but I try to imagine pulling this book out on a bus, or how much of the table it would take up if I read it at a restaurant, or really anywhere other than where I'm taking my leisure and have two hands and can set things up however I wish. I've got over 200 pages left and for a while now I'm through so much of the book that the pages on the left are pulling the book closed, and it takes rather a lot of finagling to get it to stay open at the page I'm reading without swallowing the words in the center or damaging the spine. To all y'all who tend to read physical books and especially the Archive, you have my respect. This is a significantly more challenging undertaking than I had ever suspected. My hat is off to you.

Twitter

Facebook

Copy Link

Comments 48