Replies to Source Point Press: Project Update: Slipcases are shipping out!
VnK
11d

Bearer of bad news here: Unfortunately, for myself and several others, we have found our that the slipcases are the wrong size. They do not in any way fit the first edition hardcover, and they split open immediately if you attempt to insert the book.

9d

Dang. Just keeps getting worse, eh? By 'in any way', that means the height dimensions are different? So when lined up on a book shelf the 2nd Ed. is shorter? Well that sucks.

VnK
9d

The height and depth are exactly the same as far as I can tell, but the thickness is off by a significant margin. The 1st edition is actually thicker than the slipcover.

VnK
5d

I received a reply from "[email protected]" and this was their reply: "I spoke with my boss about potential fixes for this issue, and he suggested one of two things - we can refund you for the slipcase via a PayPal payment, or we can send you a copy of the 2nd edition of the diary on us that DOES fit the slipcase you received. Please let me know if either of this works for you :)" At this time, from their language, it sounds like they're probably not going to be issuing a properly sized replacement. I asked for a refund, as my slipcase was split open. Maybe I can take a razor blade, remove the plaque from the slipcase, and glue it inside my cover. /shrug.