Product Updates covers what the BackerKit team has been building for BackerKit Launch, Marketing (Ads and Newsletter), and Pledge Manager, as well as global BackerKit account changes to better serve Kickstarter and Indiegogo crowdfunding creators.
— WHAT’S NEW —
BackerKit supports Kickstarter Add-ons
BackerKit announces full support for add-ons offered on Kickstarter!
Are you offering add-ons directly on Kickstarter?
When your project is over, BackerKit looks at all of the add-ons purchased by Backers and creates those add-ons inside of BackerKit at the same price. It then places those add-ons into backers’ carts.
Do I still need BackerKit if I’m offering add-ons on Kickstarter? YES! Here are a few reasons why:
- Sell more: Creators raise more, 16% on average, when offering ad-ons on BackerKit even after already offering them on Kickstarter.
- Easier to understand shipping fees for backers: On Kickstarter, you can only charge a flat fee per add-on per country. If you choose to charge shipping after the campaign, you can set up more accurate shipping based on weight or quantity in BackerKit.
- Support for handling variants and more complex add-ons
- Reduce fulfillment complexity – BackerKit already has integrations and exports that work with various fulfillment companies and groups together add-ons ordered in Kickstarter and in BackerKit.
- See how many unique responses your project receives: When multiple email campaigns are sent pre-launch, the Launch self-submission page will now reflect the total number of distinct people who’ve responded to your project.
- Encourage more click-throughs with social proof: The landing page that you share with your audience via your Launch email campaigns, will now display the total number of members who’ve committed to backing your project when that number exceeds 10.
Marketing (Ads & Newsletter)
- Double-check your links: You can now add or edit your preview link and asset folder link on the Marketing Edit page.
- Charging error notification: Creators will receive an email if there is an error when they charge cards, letting them know charging is disabled until they resolve the issue and reach out to success.
- Improved “payment processed” email: We’ve updated the language in the payment confirmation email to ensure that your backers understand exactly when they’ve been charged.