Product Updates covers what the BackerKit team has been building for BackerKit Launch, Marketing (Ads and Newsletter), and Pledge Manager, as well as global BackerKit account changes to better serve Kickstarter and Indiegogo crowdfunding creators.
— WHAT’S NEW —
- Import Indiegogo projects earlier: Creators can now add Indiegogo projects to BackerKit when they are still in a draft stage.
- Improved CSV uploads: CSVs with special characters can now be uploaded without issue.
- Support for Indiegogo projects on Launch (coming soon): Creators can now add their Indiegogo projects into Launch and we will be able to track conversions and performance of emails directed towards those projects.
- Sort members by date added: Your most recent member imports will appear at the top of the list.
- New loading spinner: Uploading a large email list may take some time. A spinner will indicate that the upload is progressing.
Marketing (Ads & Newsletter)
- Optimized dashboard UX: We’ve improved the layout of the dashboards to better illustrate how our ads and newsletter are performing.
- Better Facebook tracking: We’ve built out tools to better optimize ads. You should be able to see an increase in conversions.
- BackerKit fully integrates with Kickstarter Add-Ons: Did you utilize Kickstarter’s new feature to charge for add-ons directly on Kickstarter? We can now pull them into BackerKit and apply those add-ons to backers’ carts if they’ve already ordered them.
- Creators can set a price on a freeform answer: If, for example, you want to ask people if they want a signed copy of an item, you can ask how they’d like the item to be signed, and then add a charge to that.
- Share more information with your fulfillment service: We’ve added backer notes to the Easyship export.
- Improved digital distributions: By default, digital distributions will require a lockdown before distributing codes.
- Backers have one more opportunity to update information: Backers can now change their state after their order has been charged if the project is not using state-based shipping fees or state-based tax rules.
- Hello, Poland: We’ve added support for the Polish Zloty.
- Bug Fixes:
- The project name will now always be shown when sending a support ticket to the support email address of the creator.
- Backers won’t be able to click “place my order” if they haven’t entered their credit card details.