Today, we are announcing an exciting update to BackerKit’s referral program that makes the program more beneficial for all creators.
Since 2012, over 10,500 projects have used BackerKit to raise additional funds, reach new backers, and deliver the right rewards to the right places. We couldn’t do this without the many amazing creators who have recommended our services and acknowledged us as leaders in the crowdfunding space. We decided in 2019 to return the love by announcing BackerKit Referrals.
Through this referral program, whenever a creator referred another creator to BackerKit, the referring creator was invited to donate $100 to the campaign of their choice. Since we established the referral program, it’s been used to refer hundreds of creators to us.
After a successful beta testing period, we moved the program into the BackerKit app so all creators could start using it. Since its introduction, we saw a major increase in submissions as it’s become more accessible. We see how powerful a tool it can be for supporting the community and want to ensure it remains worthwhile for all creators.
In an effort to make sure that the program is beneficial to all, we collected feedback from creators and worked together to determine that referrals need to be proportional to the project. This will ensure all creators and campaigns get the same value from the program.
Under this renovated referral program, the referring creator gets a $50 donation when a campaign has raised less than $25,000. After that, the referring creator gets a $100 donation for every $100,000 of a campaign they refer. This means that a creator must hit the new threshold in order to qualify for a higher donation.
$1 – $25,000 funds raised = $50 donation
$25,001 – $100,000 funds raised = $100 donation
$100,001 – $200,000 funds raised = $200 donation
$200,001 – $300,000 funds raised = $300 donation
$900,001 – $1,000,000+ funds raised = $1,000 donation
Once the referred creator sends their surveys, we will reach out to the referring team to confirm what campaign you would like to donate too!
We’re always looking for new and exciting ways to support the crowdfunding space. BackerKit referrals is a great way to pay that support forward and show our appreciation to all the creators who use BackerKit.
How can I refer a project to BackerKit?
Referring a project is easy—when you are logged into your BackerKit Admin account, click on “Learn More” under the referral section to find your referral code.
Terms and Conditions:
- The creator you are referring MUST have used BackerKit Pledge Manager or Marketing for you to be a qualified referee
- Referred creator MUST be someone who has never used BackerKit before
- There is no limit to how many creators you can refer
- This new donation structure is only valid for referrals made on September 29, 2021 and after
- The Donations can go towards
- Any live Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or Indiegogo InDemand campaign
- A live BackerKit hosted pre-order store
- Referral must be made BEFORE the referred creator has sent surveys. Once they send surveys, BackerKit will reach out to process the donation.
- The donated amount will be fulfilled as a donation, and will not be attached to any reward tier
- Donation amount is capped at $1,000
Start using BackerKit Referrals today!